Lot Attendant Job Description
Maintains presentation of inventory and general appearance of building and lot areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Parks new and used vehicles in assigned areas.
- Catalogs and stores keys using the company’s designated key system.
- Moves sold vehicles to maximize use of space and keep the lot in order.
- Cleans up all new and used vehicles for delivery.
- Takes sold vehicles to fuel station and fills tank.
- Checks the lot inventory on a weekly basis to ensure proper placement of inventory and to ensure that theft and damage are minimized.
- Ensure that all vehicles are properly labeled while in inventory.
- Checks inventory on a weekly basis to ensure that all vehicles are in working condition.
- Recharges batteries in inventory units as needed.
- Informs the vehicle managers of any repairs needed or other issues with inventory units.
- Operate both automatic and manual transmission (IE: stick shift) vehicles in a safe and proficient fashion.
- Maintains appearance of the lot by picking up trash, debris and other items.
- Keeps used-vehicle lot neat and orderly, moving cars as directed by the used-vehicle manager and in accordance with dealership display standards.
- Cleans interior and exterior of used vehicles, including the trunk, glove compartment, tires, windows, etc. as needed.
- Picks up vehicles from and delivers vehicles to customers as directed by management.
- Starts vehicles daily and reports any problems or concerns.
- Picks up parts from parts department.
- Performs light maintenance on vehicles as needed, i.e., replaces windshield wiper blades, repairs or changes tires, replenishes fluids, etc.
- Keeps vehicles fueled.
- Ensures that required forms/stickers have been completed and are properly displayed
- Cleans exterior of showroom vehicles.
- Sweeps under showroom vehicles.
- Cleans interior of showroom windows and doors.
- Empties exterior trash bins.
- Empties exterior ash trays.
- Sweeps and cleans around front of building, entry way and flower beds.
- Checks the company’s designated human resource site on a bi-weekly basis and completes the required training.
- Assist other lot attendants with duties as needed.
MARGINAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in dealer trades when needed.
- Shuttles customers when needed.