Records payments to customer accounts and maintains accounts receivable records. Takes appropriate collection action on accounts more than 30 days old.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares accounts receivable statements monthly.
- Reconciles customer statements and follows up collections as necessary.
- Enters cash receipts and updates accounts receivable ledger by customer and prepares bank deposit.
- Answers accounts receivable phone calls and follows up on inquiries promptly.
- Performs background checks on credit applications. Give approvals for current charges.
- Processes extended warranty claims and communicates with extended warranty companies.
- Submit uncollected accounts to collection agency according to company procedures. Follow up with collection agency.
- Updates customers’ account information.
- Possesses basic computer skills and knowledge of office machines.
- Complies with federal and company regulations regarding the collection, storage and disposal of customers personal, non-public information as designated by the Federal Trade Commission guidelines.
- Checks company’s designated human resource site bi-weekly and completes required training.
- Maintains a professional appearance and neat work area.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
MARGINAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with special projects as necessary.
- Cross-trains others as directed by management.
- Fills in for other office positions as directed by management.
- Provides relief for receptionist position on a rotating daily schedule and when otherwise directed.
- Miscellaneous filing.