Express Technician Job Description
Works in tandem and rotation with other staff to efficiently and quickly provide basic maintenance and service repairs to the dealerships customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
“Dry Technician” duties:
- Safely drive vehicle onto lift and set the lift.
- Check operation of lights, horn and tire pressure and records results in proper format.
- Open the hood and tests the battery. Print results of tests and create a sticker for the customer.
- Indicate intent to raise the vehicle by shouting “clear”, allowing second technician to safely step away from vehicle.
- Inspect and measure brake thickness, tire tread depth, and checks and sets tire pressure, recording the results in the proper format.
- Rotate tires as directed by service consultant.
- Take inspection sheet to service consultant documenting inspections performed and recommendations for additional repairs needed.
- Indicate intent to lower the vehicle by shouting “clear”, allowing second technician to safely step away from the vehicle.
- Replace oil change reminder sticker in the windshield and reset the oil change reminder light.
- Drive vehicle to delivery area.
- Check the company’s designated human resource site on a bi-weekly basis and complete all required training.
“Wet Technician” duties:
- Direct vehicle safely onto the lift.
- Follow procedural checks progressing around the vehicle as completed (front lights, left wiper, rear lights, rear wiper, right wiper).
- Set lift and report results of the inspection items to the second technician for notation (“call outs”).
- Inspect oil cap, hood latch, air filter, oil level, washer fluid, power steering fluid, brake fluid, coolant, transmission fluid, cabin filter, belts and hoses, leaks of any kind and report to second technician for notation (“call out”).
- Indicate intent to raise vehicle by shouting “clear”, allowing second technician to safely step away from the vehicle.
- Operate the air gun during tire rotation process.
- Conduct inspection under the vehicle including differential fluid, rear suspension fluid, transfer case fluid, front differential fluid, or any other fluid leaks, condition of front suspension and condition of axel boots
- Report results of inspection to second technician for notation (“call outs”).
- Remove oil filter, drain oil and replace with new oil and filter.
- Indicate intent to lower vehicle by shouting “clear” allowing second technician to safely step away from vehicle.
- Top off fluids and check transmission fluid and oil level caps to make sure they are secured.
- Install or repair any additional items as directed by the Service Consultant.
- Prepare work area for the next vehicle