Parts Warehouse Stocker Job description
Assists the parts department personnel by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures that areas of the parts department are properly stocked.
- Picks up and/or delivers parts to designated accounts when instructed by the parts or service departments.
- Checks in all incoming freight as quickly and accurately as possible.
- Notes any shortages, damaged parts, or parts that do not meet GMWDD packaging standards on the packing slip.
- Turns in ALL packing slips to the inventory clerk as soon as they are completed.
- Places all incoming freight in the correct locations to be pulled for sale.
- Places all new parts in the correct bin locations with a bin label.
- Reworks parts bins that become cluttered or overcrowded; consults with Parts Management if major modification of a bin is required.
- Turns in any bin location changes or new locations to the inventory clerk.
- Keep aisle ways clear and clean.
- Keeps the SP-ORD bin orderly and makes returns as instructed by the Parts Management team or the Inventory Clerk.
- Ships out all orders every night based on the instructions of the wholesale personnel.
- Takes UPS shipments to the UPS terminal per the schedule posted in the shipping area.
- Maintains a clear “dedicated drop” area for nighttime parts shipments.
- Crates all cores for shipment back to the manufacturer when part has been replaced.
- Keeps abreast of and complies with all manufacturer, local and federal regulations regarding the handling and shipment of Hazardous Material.
- Complies with federal and company regulations regarding the collection, storage and disposal of customers personal, non-public information as designated by the Federal Trade Commission guidelines.
- Checks company’s designated human resource site on a bi-weekly basis and completes required training.
- Maintains appropriate appearance, including wearing a shirt and / or uniform as designated by parts management to identify them as a Bachman Auto Group representative.
MARGINAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with the delivery or pick up of parts as needed or directed.
- Cross trains other employees as directed by management.
- Participates in annual inventory process.