Sales Representative Job Description
Sells/leases new and used vehicles at dealership gross profit, volume, and customer satisfaction standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Satisfies the transportation needs of vehicle purchasers.
- Sells/leases and delivers a minimum of 6-8* units per month as established by the Sales Standards.
- Exhibits high level of commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Follows the ten “steps of a sale”.
- Approaches, greets, and offers assistance or direction to any customer who enters the dealership showroom or sales lot.
- Assists customers in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Explains fully product performance, application, and benefits to prospects.
- Describes all optional equipment available for customer purchase.
- Offers test drives to all prospects. Follows dealership procedure to obtain proper identification and documentation from customer prior to test drive.
- Replaces and secures stock inventory on the line after test drive.
- Ensures that the sales manager has an opportunity to meet each customer.
- Utilizes dealership sales control and follow-up system.
- Knows and understands the federal, state, and local laws which govern retail automobile sales and the collection and storage of a customer’s personal/ non-public information.
- Complies with federal and company regulations regarding the collection, storage and disposal of customers personal, non-public information as designated by the Federal Trade Commission guidelines.
- Establishes personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity, and devises a strategy to meet those goals.
- Attends product and sales training courses as requested by sales manager
- Keeps abreast of new products, features, accessories, etc., and their benefits to customers.
- Turns over 100 percent of closed deals to finance and insurance manager, along with properly completed paperwork (insurance information, trade title, etc.).
- Writes complete sales orders and processes paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.
- Prepares sold vehicles for customer delivery prior to customer arrival.
- Delivers vehicles to customers, ensuring that the customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty, and paperwork and the importance of 100% CSI score.
- Introduces customers to service department personnel to emphasize to them the quality and efficiency of service repairs and maintenance available in the dealership’s service department.
- Follows up on all post delivery items, tag/title work, “we-owes”, and special requests to be sure that all customer expectations are met.
- Maintains the company owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Maintains a prospect development system as deemed appropriate by dealership policies.
- Reviews and analyzes actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Attends sales meetings.
- Checks the company’s designated human resource site on a bi-weekly basis and completes all required training.
- Refills the product catalogs in the brochure stands as needed.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude.
MARGINAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Knows and understands equity and values, and is able to explain depreciation to the customer.
- Schedules first service appointment.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work station area.
- Assists other salesperson when need and as directed by management.
- Assists in keeping building and lot picked up and presentable in appearance.