Service Consultant Job Description
Sells and schedules needed service work in the service department. Deals with the customer needs relating to the service or repair of their Volkswagen vehicle while ensuring each customer is treated as an individual, with care and respect.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets and accommodates all customers promptly at their vehicle for walk around and tire and wiper inspection and provides timely, friendly and professional service. Listens to customer inquiries and asks questions to identify needs and resolve concerns.
- Confirms customer information including address, phone number and email and changes or updates information as needed.
- Produces accurate and clearly written documentation, writes up customer’s vehicle concerns accurately and clearly on repair order.
- Utilizes basic technical knowledge to develop potential cause of concerns and suggests additional services that the service department offers.
- Ensures that the pre-work order, ELSA history and needed maintenance is printed and checked and reviewed the day before customer arrival.
- Obtains customer signature and initials, as appropriate, on every repair order prior to work being preformed and provides customer with a copy.
- Prioritizes work to meet demands of customer needs and coordinates to ensure repair work is fixed right the first time and completes on time.
- Monitors and schedules workload to accommodate the maximum number of hours to sell and keep the shop at capacity while maintaining the highest customer service possible.
- Consults with the technician/shop foreman to ensure that the specifications of the work to be completed is accurate. Provides estimates of cost and completion times and communicates the next service visit due (including what is included in that service).
- Communicates with the Service Manger on all warranty claims and add ons.
- Monitors progress of repair throughout the day with dispatch and technicians, contacting customer as the situation changes to explain cost get proper authorization before and additional repairs are performed.
- Creates an environment where customers are regularly apprised of the current situation, contacting and updating the customer at 10:00am, 2:00pm, and 4:00pm.
- Reviews invoice details with customer prior to arrival. Explains technical information about repairs to customers.
- Assures all vehicles are locked and all keys are marked and turned in.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business, ensuring that each and every customer encounter is consistent with the Volkswagen Vow and promise.
- Ensures that customer complaints are handles tactfully, promptly, with genuine concern, and according to the dealership guidelines, taking the initiative to exceed customer satisfaction, even if it requires overcoming obstacles.
- Answers all customer telephone calls promptly, courteously, and makes every effort to satisfy the callers’ inquiry about their vehicle concerns.
- Road test vehicle with customer as needed to confirm the concern customer is referring to.
- Inspects every finished repair order for proper completion, pricing accuracy, and legibility.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external customers; assists other Service Consultants when needed.
- Strives for harmony and teamwork within the department and with other departments by promoting cooperation and teamwork among technicians and support staff.
- Follows all service department policies and procedures.
- Maintains acceptable attendance and arranges for work in process to be adequately addressed during any absences.
- Maintains awareness of and complies with all OSHA safety regulations and all applicable state and federal mandates.
- Reviews individual development needs with the Volkswagen LMS system and completes all Web Based Training.
- Abides by the company Customer Information Safeguarding policy and keeps all customer information in a secure area.
- Checks the company’s designated human resource site bi-weekly and completes all required training.
MARGINAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Maintains composure and courtesy in dealing with customers and fellow employees; resolves all disputes and difficulties with professionalism.
- Attends departmental meetings as necessary.