Service Porter Job Description
Assists in maintaining an orderly service area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Check with service consultants for customers
- Empty garbage cans on service drive and throughout the shop
- Make sure there are plenty of seat covers and floor mats
- Clean technicians break room and bathroom and be sure supplies are sufficiently stocked (toilet paper, paper towels, soap) and mop floors
- Run scrubber on service drive and throughout the shop
- Pick up and dispose of any debris lying in the shop (boxes, tires, garbage, etc.) and keep the shop clean
- Park all cars sitting in the drive lane (“bagged and tagged”)
- Operate both automatic and manual transmission (IE: stick shift) vehicles in a safe and proficient fashion.
- Pick up any trash in parking lot
- Make sure jump boxes and floor scrubber are charged
- Change water in mop buckets daily
- When the cashier pages for a car pickup, be prompt, smile and thank the customer
- Clean the service equipment when time (tire changer, balancer, wheel alignment)
- Check the company’s designated human resource site on a bi-weekly basis and complete all required training.
MARGINAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Attend shop meetings as requested
- Serve as back up shuttle driver.