Washes vehicle exterior, cleans interior and exterior windows, and wipes down doorjambs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Applies wax to auto body, and wipes or buffs surface
- Vacuums interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris.
- Cleans upholstery, rugs, and other surfaces, using appropriate cleaning agents, applicators, and cleaning devices.
- Applies revitalizers and preservation agents to interior vinyl or leather surfaces and treats fabrics with spot and stain-resistant chemicals.
- Cleans engine and engine compartment with steam-cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents.
- Applies special-purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which normal cleaning procedures do not remove, utilizing experience and judgment and following product manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Inspects vehicles for noticeable defects, such as dents, scratches, torn upholstery, and poor mechanical operation. Notates necessary repairs on repair order and returns to dispatch.
- Restores appearance of engine area, rugs and upholstery, and painted surfaces. Uses touch-up paint, dyes, and other appropriate materials.
- Uses proper eye, hand, and body protection when using products that require protection.
- Applies dressing on tires and tire wells.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
MARGINAL DUTIES include the following.
- Other duties may be assigned.