Dispatcher Job – Bachman Subaru and Volkswagen (Louisville, KY)
Job Title: Service Dispatcher
Reports To: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Plans, organizes, leads, and controls the flow of service work through the service department in a professional, timely manner while ensuring quality repairs at a fair cost to the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements and maintains an effective dispatch system.
- Schedules shop work to facilitate maximum productivity in accordance with dealership policy and the technician skill level required.
- Prioritizes and controls all comebacks to ensure proper and prompt attention.
- Ensures proper repair order documentation, i.e., complaint, cause, and correction noted on every repair order with punch time for each operation.
- Reviews job status frequently, logging status and reporting any change in time or cost estimates to the appropriate service advisor and/or customer.
- Maintains timely and professional contact with service advisors, technicians and other personnel.
- Reviews hard copies of repair orders turned in by technicians to ensure that assigned work has been performed and the repair order has been completed properly.
- Ensures that technicians follow warranty material disposition procedures.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Assists with safety, housekeeping and OSHA Right-to-Know policies and procedures throughout the service department.
- Checks the company’s designated human resource site bi-weekly and completes required training.
MARGINAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains a clean and neat work area.
- Maintains a professional appearance and positive attitude.