The Express Writer is the face of courtesy and efficiency, making sure that the customers are greeted promptly and their needs written up accurately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Our Express Service Lane is a crucial and fast-paced part of our service department, focusing on customers who want to maintain their vehicle with basic services and don’t have time to wait for their service.
- The Express Writer is the face of courtesy and efficiency, making sure that the customers are greeted promptly and their needs are written up accurately. Our customers will want to know the progress on their vehicle so contact throughout the service process is important to them, whether it’s texting, emails or phone calls.
The ideal candidate for this career will be someone who
- Has excellent time management skills
- Is able to multi-task
- Works well with the customer and considers customer satisfaction to be of paramount importance
- Is able to give direction to their team of technicians and keep them on task
The average time to become proficient at this position is approximately 6-8 weeks. Depending on the franchise base, your manufacturer training will make up approximately the first 2 weeks of your employment.
This position is considered an Intermediate Level role and is an hourly plus bonus pay structure.
Often candidates who have held this position go on to become full Shop Service Writers, Master Technicians, Shop Foreman, or Service Manager.