We are currently looking for a friendly, highly motivated individual with a passion for customer service to join our Internet Sales team as an Account Manager. You will have the opportunity to play a key role in the success of the dealership. The primary goal of the Account Manager is to engage customers who have expressed interest in purchasing a vehicle and to arrange for them to meet with one of our Sales Associates when they arrive at the dealership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide outstanding customer service by effectively engaging with all customers and prospects according through phone, email, text, or chat.
- Educate customers about their vehicle of interest by providing information about features, additional pictures, videos, vehicle service history, etc.
- Work with Sales Managers, Finance Managers, and Sales Associates to assist customers who inquire about vehicle pricing, payments, and appointments to view a vehicle.
- Develop a knowledge of our dealership’s manufacturer and vendor programs, pricing and incentives.
- Utilize tools and systems provided by the company to better engage and educate customers.
- Schedule and update information regarding customer contacts in the company’s customer relationship management (CRM) program according to established follow-up processes.
- Attend meetings and complete training as directed by the Internet Sales Manager and Director of Business Development.
- Maintain professional appearance (as described in the company’s dress code), language and conduct when interacting with customers and co-workers.
- Comply with federal, state, and local laws governing automobile sales as well as federal and company regulations regarding the collection, storage, and disposal of customers’ personal, non-public information as designated by Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines.
- Other duties may be assigned.
A college degree is preferred. A background in sales, marketing, and business is also useful.
Candidates should have strong communication skills (verbal and written), the ability to learn and adapt quickly to an evolving business, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
Must have good computer skills and be proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills and be able to multi-task with phone, computer, and team mates.
Ability to work extended hours and Saturdays.
This position has a base salary and monthly bonuses based on sales. The average annual earnings of Account Managers are approximately $35,000 to $40,000. Earnings vary depending on experience and proficiency.
There are many opportunities for growth within the Auto Group and we have had multiple Account Managers promoted into management positions.