Solicits parts business from assigned accounts and prospective accounts through personal and phone contacts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Visits assigned customers to review accounts and establish new orders or additional needs.
- Prospects for new customers to solicit new orders for parts or services.
- Communicates parts orders to counter-people. Advises whether status is stock or emergency.
- Checks with customers to ensure that delivery date of non-stock items is acceptable before ordering.
- Reviews any special orders with the parts manager and obtains his approval.
- Obtains parts manager’s approval for any special pricing.
- Keeps parts manager advised on the status of accounts.
- Advises counterperson on delivery instructions.
- Follows up on parts orders to ensure that customers have been served properly.
- Handles customer complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- Turns in completed call reports, time sheets and expense reports.
- Assists accounts receivable department in collection of returned or under-funded checks and past due accounts.
- Updates customer records to reflect changes to customers’ names, addresses, etc.
- Adds new customers to appropriate mailing lists.
- Acts as a public relations liaison for the dealership.
- Maintains appropriate appearance, including wearing a shirt and/ or uniform as designated by parts management to identify them as a Bachman Auto Group representative.
- Keeps abreast of and complies with all manufacturer, local and federal regulations regarding the handling and shipment of Hazardous Material.
- Complies with federal and company regulations regarding the collection, storage and disposal of customers personal, non-public information as designated by the Federal Trade Commission guidelines.
- Checks company’s designated human resource site on a bi-weekly basis and completes all required training.
MARGINAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Attends training seminars as needed.
- Cross trains other employees as directed by management.
- Provides support for other areas as directed by management.
- Participates in the inventory process.
- Manufacturer Training.
- Associate degree from two year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
Equal Opportunity Employer