Receptionist Job Description
Serves as a front-line representative for the dealership. Answers multi-line phone. Greets customers as they enter the showroom, answers basic inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate party, gives the best, most professional impression possible of the dealership, and exercises excellent customer service skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers phone, directs calls to appropriate person or to appropriate voice mail.
- Greets showroom customers and determines the nature of their visit.
- Manages the company’s CRM appointment data base for the sales department.
- Answers basic customer inquiries. Refers more extensive inquiries to the appropriate person.
- Directs customers to the correct department, notifies the appropriate salesperson that a customer is waiting, or introduces the customer to a salesperson.
- Maintains sign in/ out sheet.
- Responsible for knowing who is present on the sales floor and who is not.
- Maintains call log for sales calls.
- Records and fills out temporary tags.
- Enters employee into the “Preferred Owner Program” and distributes enrollment paperwork and cards to customer or salesperson (as applicable).
- Maintains accurate gas card log.
- Obtains materials and makes deal jacket for salespersons to use.
- Distributes applications and appropriate paperwork to prospective employees; turns into Human
- Resource department when completed.
- Maintains current and correct application log.
- Possess basic computer skills and knowledge of office machines.
- Checks company designated human resource site bi-weekly and completes required training.
- Maintains professional appearance and neat work area.
- Maintains a positive attitude including working appropriately with all interdepartmental requests.
MARGINAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with special projects as necessary.
- Cross trains other employees as directed by management.