Serves as the communication liaison for the service department between customers, telephone calls, and the front line service staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers all incoming service calls.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding appointments and work in process.
- Schedules service appointments. Obtains and/or verifies customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible, ensuring that “comeback” issues are assigned to the proper Service Advisor and Technician.
- Prior to customers arrival, checks accuracy of customer information, checks online (ELSA) to verify VIN and/ or recall status, and prints all results to attach to customers work order.
- Enters technician availability into excel spreadsheet program to maximize shop performance.
- Updates changes to customer data when necessary.
- Keeps appointment board updated on a daily basis.
- Handles customer complaints or concerns in a tactful, professional and timely manner.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction standards, taking initiative to exceed the customer’s expectations and handle potential and actual obstacles.
- Call all appointments the day before to confirm appointment day and time.
- Follows up on all Volkswagen and Subaru warranty customers to explain the Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- Notifies Service Advisor and Service Manager of any problems or concerns the customer may have during the interview.
- Relieves cashier for lunch and performs cashiers duties as trained.
Maintains acceptable attendance and arranges for work in process to be adequately addressed during any absences.
- Maintains awareness of and complies with all OSHA safety regulations and all applicable state and federal mandates.
- Checks the company’s designated human resource site bi-weekly and completes all required training.
MARGINAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Maintains composure when dealing with customers and staff.
- Initiates assistance with prepping the customer vehicle and parking it, including installing plastic on seats, paper on floor, marking keys, and storing in proper location when necessary.
- Performs backup duties as service cashier as necessary.
- Takes customer and inventory vehicles through the automatic car wash as necessary.
- Attends departmental meetings as necessary.