Receives payment for service and parts transactions and plays a key role in maintaining or creating customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets customers at thecashier window in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Computes customer bills.
- Receives cash, checks andcredit card payments from customers; records amount received.
- Makes change and issuesreceipts to customers.
- Provides cash refunds orcredit memorandums to customers for returned merchandise as dictated by companypolicy.
- Reconciles cash drawerdaily.
- Refers customers who havequestions about the work performed, additional maintenance or repairs, etc. tothe service advisor or other appropriate individual.
- Handles customer complaintswith integrity and poise and, when necessary, refers dissatisfied customers tothe appropriate individuals for resolution.
- Maintains and files repairorders, parts invoices, and lists missing documents.
- Closes all open invoices.
- Ensures that all repairorders and supporting documentation are scanned into the electronic filingsystem and appropriately categorized for efficient recall (IE: vehicleidentification number, customer number, etc)
- Assists service departmentwith telephone coverage.
- Provides clerical and secretarialassistance to service departments.
- Works with departmentmanager to keep abreast of new products and services offered, their featuresand value, and any changes in price.
- Checks the company’s designated human resource site bi-weekly and completes required training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.