Repairs automobiles within the dealership and manufacturer quality and time standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs repairs as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory time allowances and standards.
- Performs repairs as assigned by manual or electronic dispatching system.
- Diagnoses cause of malfunction.
- Examines vehicle to determine if additional work is needed, if the work outlined is not needed, or if repairs to the vehicle cannot be made.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain necessary parts.
- Saves and tags parts if the repair is deemed warranty or if so requested by the customer.
- Road tests vehicles after repair is completed.
- Documents work performed and work recommended on the repair order before returning it to the dispatch area.
- Attends manufacturer-sponsored training classes or online training as required.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises work of apprentice technicians as assigned by the Service Manager.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that the customer’s vehicle is kept clean. Notifies appropriate service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
- Understands and keeps abreast of, and complies with federal state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA, Right-to-Know, etc.
- Checks the company’s designated human resource site bi-weekly and completes all required training.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
MARGINAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Attends shop meetings as required.