Processes car deals. Handles the legal transfer of documents for the Department of Motor Vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes all new and used vehicles for registration in the state in which they will be titled. Prepares necessary tax and title documents.
- Verifies that funds have been collected before processing title applications.
- Checks for accuracy in the application and ensures that all information is complete.
- Submits all legal transfer work to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Signs over titles for all wholesalers who have paid in full. Prepares a monthly report to management of any funds not collected from wholesalers due to missing or incomplete title work.
- Directs title runner in daily routines.
- Checks and distributes license tags that have been processed at courthouse. Verify that lien has been recorded.
- Maintain used vehicle titles and certificate of origins (C of O).
- Maintains a system to verify out-of-state titles.
- Arranges for sheriff inspections on vehicles as needed.
- Compiles and maintains a complete list of all outstanding title work. Reports to management on the status of any missing or problem titles and provides a current list of problems to the controller and office manager at the end of each month.
- Stays abreast of title regulations. Attends seminars held by local licensing bureaus and any available training on title regulations.
- Issues written memos to managers and all sales personnel regarding title regulations and procedural changes.
- Scans wholesales and dealer trades paperwork when completed.
- Prepares and bills out all dealers trades and prepares certificate of origin (C of O) and checks.
- Processes annual renewal of dealer tags in conjunction with controller.
- Maintain and distributed dealer tags to new sales persons.
- Process annual renewal of Sales Licenses for Sales and F& I departments as well as for new sales hires.
- Possesses basic computer skills and knowledge of office machines.
- Complies with federal and company regulations regarding the collection, storage and disposal of customers personal, non-public information as designated by the Federal Trade Commission guidelines.
- Checks company human resource site bi-weekly and completes required training.
- Maintains a professional appearance and neat work area.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
MARGINAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with special projects as necessary.
- Cross trains other employees as directed by management.
- Fills in for other office positions as directed by management.
- Provides relief to receptionist position on a rotating daily schedule and when otherwise directed.
- Miscellaneous filing.