Processes car deals. Handles the legal transfer of documents for the Department of Motor Vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes all new and used vehicles for registration in the state in which they will be titled. Prepares necessary tax and title documents.
- Verifies that funds have been collected before processing title applications.
- Checks for accuracy in the application and ensures that all information is complete.
- Submits all legal transfer work to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Signs over titles for all wholesalers who have paid in full. Prepares a monthly report to management of any funds not collected from wholesalers due to missing or incomplete title work.
- Directs title runner in daily routines.
- Checks and distributes license tags that have been processed at courthouse. Verify that lien has been recorded.
- Maintain used vehicle titles and certificate of origins (C of O).
- Maintains a system to verify out-of-state titles.
- Arranges for sheriff inspections on vehicles as needed.
- Compiles and maintains a complete list of all outstanding title work. Reports to management on the status of any missing or problem titles and provides a current list of problems to the controller and office manager at the end of each month.